Hajoca’s Commitment to Privacy
· Why Hajoca collects your personal information;
· What information Hajoca collects during the application and recruitment process;
· How Hajoca uses the provided personal information; and
· Who has access to your personal information.
Why We Collect Your Personal Information
Hajoca collects and uses your personal information for the purpose of determining your qualifications for employment and reaching a well-informed hiring decision. This information is also collected to comply with all applicable laws and regulations relating to the evaluation of those seeking employment, as well as to defend ourselves in claims under such laws and regulations. Additionally, if hired, relevant portions of your personal information submitted during the application and recruitment process will be used as the foundation for your personnel file and employee record. Hajoca does not collect any information that is not relevant to determining your qualifications for employment, nor does it use any collected information for unrelated purposes.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
The majority of the information collected by Hajoca is obtained directly from your application and/or resume. We may also collect information about you from third parties, in order to: (a) verify provided information regarding prior work experience, (b) follow-up on references that may have been provided during the application process, and (c) conduct background investigations. Hajoca will only collect such information from third parties with your knowledge and provided consent as may be required by applicable laws and regulations. Should Hajoca wish to obtain the aforementioned information about you, and you have not expressly authorized us to do so, we will contact you and request your written consent to move forwards.
Types of Information We Collect
This policy covers the information you share with Hajoca and/or which may be collected by Hajoca during the application and recruitment process including:
· Your full name, residential address, email address, telephone number, and other applicable contact information;
· Your resume, cover letter, previous and/or current work experience, other relevant experience, education, and any other information you provide to Hajoca during the application and recruitment process;
· Information from phone screenings and interviews, when applicable;
· Details regarding the type of employment you are looking for, current/desired salary information, willingness to relocate, or any other pertinent job related preferences;
· Details of how you heard about the position for which you are applying;
· Any sensitive, protected, and/or other demographic information voluntarily provided during the application and recruitment process including gender, work eligibility, nationality, veteran status, racial/ethnic origin, or reasonable accommodations for disability;
· Reference information and/or information received from background investigations (when applicable, with your written consent); and/or
· Information relating to any prior applications you may have submitted to Hajoca and/or and previous employment history with Hajoca.
Who Has Access to Your Personal Information
All access to your provided personal information is restricted to Hajoca staff and authorized third-party agents who require this information in order to (a) make an informed hiring decision and (b) carry out responsibilities with regard to applicable recruitment or employment law. Additionally, your information may be disclosed to governmental entities (such as those authorized to review and enforce equal opportunity laws) in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Hajoca never provides your personal information to external recruiting services, job banks, or any other third-party.
Retention and Deletion of Your Personal Information.
Hajoca retains your personal information only as long as is necessary for evaluation for employment, as well as to comply with applicable laws relating to the evaluation of those seeking employment. After this time (two years for non-hired applicants) your information is deleted or otherwise discarded.
Hajoca uses appropriate administrative, technical, personnel, and physical measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and unauthorized use or modification. In addition, we exercise special precautions in dealing with applicant personal data defined as sensitive by law. For example, when satisfactory completion of a medical examination is a condition for being hired, no medical information, apart from overall suitability or unsuitability for employment, is provided to hiring managers or stored in a new employee's personnel file.
Changes to This Policy
Policy effective 9/06/16